Thursday, November 02, 2006

Miami Vice London Premiere

I haven't uploaded my pics from the London Film Festival as I'm a bit busy at the moment. This is going back a few months, but here's some reading about the Miami Vice London Premiere... On Thursday 27 July 2006 was the 'Miami Vice' premiere at the Odeon, Leicester Square. The premiere was taking place in Leicester Square park and there were probably about a hundred people spread out around the park. I hadn't seen a premiere like this before, so I didn't know where to stand. I ended up getting a spot at the front of one of the barriers which was lucky. It was a warm day and sitting in the sun for a couple of hours wasn't the most fun I had, but what can you do?

One of my friends, came down because she loves the Irish accent and wanted to meet Colin Farrell. I met him a couple of years ago at a baseball game in Toronto and got my photo with him then. At the time I only had my baseball ticket stub to get signed, so I was hoping to get something better signed today. I had a photo - about 10cm x 15cm -that I was hoping to get signed. At about 5.30pm Colin arrived and the car stopped on the opposite side of the park to where I was standing. That'd be right. He signed some autographs, posed for the photographers and then did the interviews about the movie. It must've taken him almost an hour before he reached us, but by that time, it had started to softly rain, so he was moving quicker than when he was on the photographers side. Because of the rain, it had gotten darker quicker too, so by the time he got to me, I took a photo then had to wait for what felt like 10 minutes while the flash on my slow and simple digital camera re-loaded. By the time I took my next photo of him, he was already on the other side of me.

I was going to try and get another photo with him, but my friend pulled him and said 'Can I borrow you for a photo?' and she got her photo with him. I noticed that if he posed for someone, he wouldn't pose again for another 5 or 10 people, so I didn't get a photo with him... but, I did get the photo signed I wanted, plus, there was another photo I had of Colin and Jamie Foxx taken at the L.A. premiere of Miami Vice that he signed as well. I was hoping Jamie would sign it when he turned up.



( Colin and my friend who's face I have blanked out)

Michael Mann, the director arrived about 20-30 minutes after Colin. He did his bit over in the corner on the other side of the park (now I know where to stand for next time), did lots of interviews, but with all the yelling we couldn't get him to come over and sign on 'our side of the park'. Oh well. When Jamie finally turned up it was about an hour after Colin and he wasn't outside for long - maybe 20 minutes. He only signed over where the photographers could get a photo of him doing so. He walked around the park and waved to us - Whoop De Doo - and then he stopped before going up the stairs to sign about 5 autographs about 15 metres from where I was for some fans. After that, he did a quick interview, then walked over the bridge that had been set up and made his way to the cinema entrance.

So, unfortunately he didn't sign the photo of him and Colin that I had printed up. I figured no one else was turning up, so I made my way to the other side of the fence and got near the cinema entrance to see Jamie walking inside. He didn't sign any autographs over there, just shook peoples hand. A lot of the crowd dispersed after this as I don't think anyone else from the movie was turning up. Oh, Li Gong also turned up aswell, complete with English Translator.






I was hanging around for about 10 minutes, as were about 50 other people, when Samuel L Jackson came walking down the stairs. I had to fumble for my camera and only got one quick photo of him. He was wearing a T-Shirt which on the back was shamelessly advertisting his new movie 'Snakes on a Plane'. This was the photo that made the paper the next day - the back of Samuel L Jackson's T-Shirt. After he went in I left as I left and heard screaming as I was walking away. I saw a photo in the paper the next day that Ewan McGregor had turned up. I think that explains the screaming. Turns out he went because he and Colin are currently in London filming a movie.

No comments:

 

Free Hit Counters
Sony Television