Monday, November 06, 2006

Children of Men Premiere

On Tuesday the 19th of September at the Odeon in Leceister Square in London was the premiere for the UK film 'Children of Men'. I wanted to go to this premiere because it stars Clive Owen and Michael Caine and both being British, I knew it was guarenteed they'd turn up. They proved me right.


(Saffron Burrows turned up and signed for the waiting fans)

I got there after work and managed to score a front row spot right opposite the cinema entrance. I couldn't believe it, it was going to be a great view. After waiting a few hours, the celebs started to arrive. Michael Caine turned up with his wife. Two of the minor stars, Claire-Hope Ashitey and Charlie Hunnam, also turned up as did the director Alfonso Cuaron. Clive Owen arrived after all of them. I first got an autograph off Michael Caine (arrived with his wife) who I thought was a bit of grumpy, rushing his signatures and going 'Ok, who's next' and things like that. (I have since met him again and he was quite nice). Unfortunately, the girl next to me had a big red marker, and that's the pen Michael used to sign and you can't really see he signed on my photo. Oh well. Michael didn't sign as much as the bottom of the red carpet, but after he did his interviews, he came over and signed on my side of the carpet. The paparazzi cameras can zoom that far, so the stars have to look good for them.


(The gorgeous Clive Owen signing before heading into the cinema)

After Michael, Charlie also came over and he signed quite a bit for the fans. I didn't get Claire-Hope or Alfonso's autographs, but that's ok, I was hanging out for Clive Owen's. After much waiting and a lot of 'is that him? Can anyone see?... is itClive?', he finally made it to where I was standing and I got him to sign a photo (about 10cm x 15cm) of him in 'Inside Man', which is a film that I just love. I got some nice photos of him before he made his way to the end of the red carpet to pose for the photographers. After that he headed inside.


(Clive was nice enough to come out and sign for us again before he left)

I was reviewing my pics and only managed to take three ok shots of him, because the flash takes forever to re-load. I was hoping to get some more pics, but they don't usually sign twice. When they were done introducing the film, a lot of the people who were behind me for arrivals had disappeared, and Clive stood at the door entrance waiting to leave. HIs car was running late, so he just had to wait for it. We all started to yell out to him 'Clive... Clive' and he finally came over. I managed to get another autograph on a 'Children of Men' photo and I got some better photos of him. It was good too, because there weren't that many people there - maybe 25.



(Charlie Hunnam talking to the fans)

Michael had also come out earlier to sign before he left, but I was moving around and missed it, which is a shame, because it would've been nice not to have it in red pen. It was a good premiere, and I'm surprised four of the movie's stars plus the director turned up. I did get some good photos though... and I finally met Clive Owen. Even George Clooney thinks he's got talent!

4 comments:

HughE Dillon said...

I guess Kate Winslet is in the States as her husbands play opens on Broadway Thursday. Ohhh I saw Shirley Jones, Mitzi Gaynor, Rita Moreno and Charmian Carr on Good Morning America in NYC. I will post them tomorrow. Have a great day:)

moviemerlin said...

Kate was here last week for the London Film Festival, but I couldn't meet her as I had other plans that night. There were two premieres that night. I did see 'Borat' though. I will post the Film Festival pics at a later date.

Anonymous said...

Hey. You actually seen Children of Men? Curious as to what you thought of it.

moviemerlin said...

Hi westyx, thanks for visiting. Yeah, I have seen it. I thought it was a grim portrayl of the future. Not all roses and sunshine and advanced technology that you see with every other film set in the future. I hadn't read the book, so I didn't really know what it was about though.

 

Free Hit Counters
Sony Television