Thursday, November 23, 2006

'The Devil Wears Prada' Charity Screening & 'Hoodwinked' Movie Premiere.

Hi Readers... I had two waste of time premieres about a month ago. By waste of time, it means no one in the movie turned up. Infact, I don't think anyone who worked in the movie turned up - not even the boom operator - hence, it was a waste of (my) time.


(Anthony Head of 'Buffy' and 'Little Britain' fame. He was nice enough to walk all the way around the barriers and signed for every fan!)

The first was premiere was for the movie The Devil Wears Prada on Thursday 21 September 2006 at the Odeon West End. I can only remember who turned up as I've attached the photos throughout. I do remember Graham Norton (sort of like Jay Leno and Letterman... except gay) turned up, but he was too nasty to sign an autograph for the waiting fans. And too quick to even pose for the 'paps'.


Keisha from 'Sugarbabes'

Keisha Buchanan from the girl band 'Sugarbabes' turned up and I got her autograph. She was having trouble standing up and had just told us she'd only had 3 hours sleep after the music awards last night. There was literally a lady with her, holding on, to make sure she could stand straight. There was a young kid standing next to me who was yelling at people the whole night - he just wanted an autograph from anyone and was constantly asking me the names of people. I'd tell him and he'd yell really loud for them to come over. He managed to call Keisha over and he asked for a photo with her. She said he was just adorable and asked how old he was, '15' he said. She pulled an 'oops' face and then left. Lady Victoria Hervey turned up, but I've no idea who she is. Wait, I just googled her, she's a wannabe actress.


Lady Victoria... yeah, I have no idea either!

There was a lady in white dress that turned up, she's in a new group and the boy kept saying how good looking she was. I told him to call her over and he said 'I will, what's her name'. I said I had no idea and jokingly said 'Lady in the white dress'. He then yelled at the top of his lungs for the 'Lady in the White Dress'. It got a laugh out of the crowd. He must've called her about 10 times and she eventually came out of the cinema and over to us. It was her first movie premiere.


Lady in the white dress - don't know her name, she's in a new group.

After all the lesser known celebs, Kimberley Stewart (daughter of Rod) turned up last and very late. I think she was the only 'celebrity' I'd heard of. Sorry for the bad photo... trust me, it's her.


Kimberley Stewart, famous for being Rod's daughter.

The next premiere was the following Sunday the 24th at the Vue, Leicester Square for the kids movie 'Hoodwinked'. This too was a waste of time as I don't even think the coffee runner turned up to this one. There were a couple of British celebs who I've never heard of and didn't pay much attention to. The only one I'd heard of was Caeser from the Big Brother show - no one special, I'm sure he'll be asking if I 'want fries with that' in 5 years time with all the other '15 minute famers'.


An actor dressed as 'Granny'

This was an afternoon premiere and they'd hired some actors to dress up as the four main characters from the film. There was Granny, Red, Big Bad Wolf and the Woodsman. Other than that, it was 3 hours of my life I can't get back.


Red and Wolf battling it out at the Hoodwinked London Premiere.



Red and the Woodsman getting in their '15 seconds'...


I will write something more interesting next time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the lady in the white dress is called montana, shes already been in a band called cookie that failed, no doubt she will fail again

moviemerlin said...

Hey 'anonymous' thanks for taking the time to read my blog. Thanks also for the name of the lady, appreciate it!

 

Free Hit Counters
Sony Television