Monday, October 30, 2006

Filming of 'The Bourne Ultimatum'

On Monday (October 30th), at about noon, I was sitting at my desk at work when one of my colleagues informed me that 'she thought she just saw Matt Damon filming at Waterloo'. Her not being a big film buff like me I asked 'What do you mean you thought you saw him?'. I quickly 'googled' Matt Damon on the internet and found out that he's currently filming 'The Bourne Ultimatum', so figured it must've been him.

I went over there armed with a camera and was scouring Waterloo Train Station looking for him, but I couldn't see him, just a hundred extras who looked bored senseless. I had about 15 minutes of my lunch break left and I hoped I'd get to see him in that time. I took a photo with me (just in case) that I would've like autographed, but he was working and I didn't really want to disturb him. Plus, all the Police officers were a bit of a turn off to approach him.

I did however manage to capture him filming a scene for all of about 7 seconds. I won't post it on this webpage because I was asked to remove it. I still have it. Also, the movie's 'in production' so I don't think it's fair to post photos when they're actually filming. Candid shots on set I think are ok, but had I acutally have taken one while filming, I don't think you'd see it here.

I will however put up the photo I took of him as I was walking past. Sorry it's not straight. I had it on sporting motion and I was walking when I took it so I wouldn't get stopped. Paranoid, I know.

When he was filming the scene he walked right near me - about a metre away. There were a few police officers and a lot of crew, but as they didn't close down Waterloo station, lots of regular people were mixed in with the paid actors. He was laughing and joking with the director at the end of the scene and had a great smile - I didn't get a photo of the famous Matt Damon smile though.

I have added this photo because I'm sure plenty of people took them as they were walking past Matt Damon - and he wasn't filming at the time - so I think it's fair game. I think that's the director - Paul Greengrass - in the background. He also directed 'The Bourne Supremacy'.

2 comments:

HughE Dillon said...

Thats a fun Matt Damon picture. Sadly Reese & Ryan broke up. VH1 has linked to my site again, I have put your new site up and hopefully traffic from the US will find you.

moviemerlin said...

That's sad news, though after I read that 'you're embarassing me' comment on your blog, I wondered how long it could be. The traffic must be working, I've had 20 hits in 12 hours. This could be the start of something. Glad you like the pic!

 

Free Hit Counters
Sony Television