Thursday, October 26, 2006

A Blog, eh?

So, it seems, I have finally taken to catching up with the internet world and decided to embark on creating a Web Log - Blog as it's called. Sadly, I only just found out on the weekend what 'Blog' was short for.

I have two friends - one back home in Australia, another in New York - whose blogs I have made a habit of reading, especially in the past weeks. I think it's a great way to keep up to date with the happenings of life. And I love the fact that I will be able to ramble on about this and that and speak of things I may not normally have the courage to. Certainly cheaper than a shrink if you ask me.

After spending a good hour and a half setting up my blog, changing settings, trying to figure out how to remove the automatic question (no idea!), and silently cursing the computer, I'm all set up. That is until I want to post a picture which I'm sure will take me another good hour all together.

So here it is, my first blog post... about posting on my blog.

It will be interesting to see how long I manage to stick this out, considering I am travelling and don't have a laptop. I will have to take to finding the time to make my posts and upload my pictures either at work, in the library or at the internet cafe.

I'm not sure where this blog will take me (if anywhere), but I look forward to the travel stories I'll be able to write... wondering perhaps when the words will actually be printed in ink in the daily paper. You will also find this blog will contain photos of all the celebrities I see. I attend a lot of movie premieres and as I'm not in Australia (my home country), I am meeting quite a few of them in my travels. Most find the flight far too long to go 'Down Under' and I don't have the opportunity to meet them. Here in London alone I've meet so many already.

And to think, my time here is pretty much just starting....

2 comments:

moviemerlin said...

Thanks Hughie... you're a sweetie. Can't believe you're FINALLY leaving New York. I will still be reading your blog though :-)

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Blogger World, it is so much fun. I will link you to my site, although I do have to confess I am finally leaving NYC in December as my year+ long business trip is over and I won't be stalking celebrities for awhile. In Philadelphia we only have history and tour guides dressed as George Washinton, Ben Franklin and Betsy Ross. Good luck, I'm so glad the world will get to read about your life.

 

Free Hit Counters
Sony Television