Friday, December 08, 2006

'Click' Movie Premiere, London

I have to apologise for not writing more. I've had quite the social life in the past few weeks, which is why I'm so far behind with my blog! I wonder if I'll ever catch up. Even, my mum's wondered what's happened to me, I hardly go out when I'm in Australia. The girl at work says I've been 'Londonified'. (Yes, that's a made up word, but you get the gist). So here's the next post...

This premiere's going back about 8 weeks, but I hope you can all forgive me for the delay. On Wednesday 27 September, 2006 at the Empire, Leicester Square, was the movie premiere for 'Click' which stars Adam Sandler, Kate Becksinale and David Hasselhoff and all three turned up to the premiere. I went after work and I arrived after 4pm. There were no front row barrier spots, but thankfully my friend had and her mum saved me a front row spot (thanks 'L'). Mind you, they mentioned the crowd only started to build up about 3.30pm so I did't feel bad jumping the queue. Had it'd been busy at 1pm, I would've stood where I arrived. By 6pm it was pretty full as the tourists had gathered to do a bit of celeb spotting.

I was interviewed by a TV crew and they asked me who I was there to see - the wanted The Hoff to be the answer, so I played it up for them... 'Don't Hassle The Hoff' I said. They laughed. I'm sure they aired it, though I never knew what station it was for. The premiere was well worth the wait, especially as you don't know who's turning up, so it's all a guessing game.


The Hoff being cool saying 'Aussie, Aussie, Aussie... G'day, G'day, G'day'. Whoever 're-invented' this man, I would like to sit and have a few words with them! Sorry, the photo's blurry, he was moving too fast.

When 'The Hoff' turned up, he gave out photos that he'd pre-signed earlier. He had these little postcards that he was giving out and stuff - just flicking them into the crowd. He didn't sign for anyone and he thought he was the coolest guy there, you should've seen him posing for the paparazzi, giving them the thumbs up and stuff, he was an absoloute tosser! Good thing I wasn't waiting for him.



Frank Coraci, the director came over and signed my 'Click' mini poster (it was in a magazine, the size of a piece of A4 paper). I later had it signed by both Adam and Kate. All three of them were very nice. Adam Sandler had turned up first, but he took ages to reach me as I was near the paparazzi, so he had to work his way up. Adam spent a good hour, more even, signing for the fans and posing with them aswell.



When Adam got closer to me, I got my friend 'L' to take my photo with him and I took a photo of her with Adam. He was really nice and very sweet. Very gracious of all the fans, I think he was rather surprised by how many people were there, but he was great and stopped for everyone. If people didn't have anything, he shook their hands; he was a genuinely nice bloke. The photo my friend took on her camera is a bit blurry (but not really noticeable) andthe photo I took of her on my camera turned out good. That'd be right! I don't mind though, at least I got a photo with him. Just before I got my photo with him, I said to Adam 'Thanks for being so funny' and he was like 'Oh, hey, thanks dude'. He was calling everyone dude. He was a super nice bloke!


(The photo of Adam and my now cropped friend)

Kate turned up after Adam and she spent almost an hour signing and posing also. Kate and Adam were super lovely. I think I appreciate both Kate and Adam more than I did before meeting them, and I thought highly of them before. As for David, I think he's a bigger douche than before I'd met him, and I already didn't think much of him then. As Kate was approaching, I said to her 'I loved you in Serendipity' (it's one of my favourite films) and she looked up at me and was like 'Ohh.. thankyou!'. Her handler tried to pull her away for photos and interviews and she was like, 'I'll come in a minute, some of these people have been waiting since 11 o'clock'. How nice was that! I was there about 4 hours waiting for the celebs, and I got some photos of Kate on the way out again. Kate had said she'd pose with me, but as I moved after she went in, I lost my spot and missed out on the photo. Not too worry, I got some nice pictures of her as she was doing the autographs for the fans.



(Sorry, I have turned into my friend Hughe and have gone 'Paparazzi' for this and am 'represented' for the photo, hence the watermark for CitizenImage).

After it was all over I ended getting one of the poster boards off the barrier. I went to get another one - just in case I ripped this one when I take it off the cardboard (has happened twice to previous posters) - and I was showing it to my friend when I got back home and I was like 'Oh wow, it's signed'. Adam has signed it in pen and it's a big signature- not like the smaller quicker one on my 6x4 photo. It was a good premiere and I'm glad I met Adam and Kate as they were really nice and they were great with the fans!

No comments:

 

Free Hit Counters
Sony Television