Wednesday, December 20, 2006

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

There are 12 months in a calander year and if I have to chose a favourite, it's December. I think... no, I know why I choose this month - it contains both my birthday and my favourite holiday of the year - Christmas.

Last year I had the absolute pleasure to spend Christmas in New York City and it's just like it is in the movies - Carolers, Santa's shaking that bell asking for money donations, and the city is lit up like... well, a thousand Christmas trees. I know it's a hard time to be away from your family, but if you ever get the chance, put Christmas in New York City on your 'things to do before I die' list.

This year, I am in London. No snow, but it is cold. I have to admit, although it's nice to be in another city at Christmas time, I don't think anything will come as close to New York City. They go all out there - the window displays, the lights, the Rocketts at Radio City Music Hall. Here, I feel the lights aren't that great and I don't even know where the 'tree' is. Sorry London. That being said, I have tried to take a few photos while being here... here's some of them...


Christmas Markets, which I don't think we have back home, but they're everywhere in England. These markets were just down the road from where I live. This stall sold a wicked Chocolate Brownie... the best I've ever had!

Selfridges (sort of like 'Myers' in Australia or 'Macys' in the USA) lit up for the festive season. Selfridge's is on Oxford Street, Londons main shopping street.

This photo was also taken on Oxford Street, but I am looking in the opposite direction (Selfridges is to my left and behind me).

The brass band outside 'Boots' on Oxford Street. 'Boots' is the place for all your pharmacy needs in England. This one is 2 or 3 levels.

Debenhams - one of the many department stores that you'll find on Oxford Street.

2 comments:

HughE Dillon said...

Awesome Photos!

moviemerlin said...

Thanks Mr Paparazzi. I loved the Family shots you put up on your blog. I was looking for the famous people... hahaha... I hope you had a good one!

 

Free Hit Counters
Sony Television