Monday, July 19, 2010

Can I copyright a quote?

I am in a constant state of confusion, loss and indecisiveness at the moment.

My life, I'm honestly not sure where it's at. I know where I want it to go and be, but the question is how to get there. I suppose the answer is to simply work hard at it. Anything is attainable if you simply take the time to try. You've got a sweat a little, if you want to see a reward at the end. This is true.

Here's a little about me you might not know... I am 30. I am not married. I do not have children. There was a time I wanted both of these things in my life. These days, I have to say, I'm not sure I want either. Who knows, perhaps my mind will change one day, but for now, where I'm at on my journey, I'm not looking for either.

I am a pretty care free person. Extremely easy going. Very rarely angry. It happens, but it's rare. And here's my advice to you... when I'm angry, be somewhere else! I rarely get annoyed. It takes a lot to annoy me. Though stupid people do it with ease. I'm pretty patient. Though I've no time for stupidity, ignorance or arrogance. If you possess all three, please, do me a favour and stay away. It's for both our own goods.

Nothing much phases me, but if you leave a light on, or leave the tap dripping with water, I'll have some words to you. This world, it is bigger than you know. Bigger than you realise. It is certainly bigger than you. I know you may not want to accept it, but one day, you won't be here. So please, take the time now to consider this earth for the day after you're gone. The people remaining will be far more thankful.

I rarely raise my voice, I like my friends and I try and laugh daily. It's not only good for the soul, but I'm sure it's the reason there's not a single grey hair on my head. And I'm pretty sure at my age, I should have at least one!

Heaven help the day it arrives though, I don't feel as though I've done enough with my life to deserve one. I might have picked up a backpack when I was 22 and seen more countries than I dreamed of by the time I was 25, but I'm not sure this warrants grey hair. I'm not sure that anything in my life does.

I am now back living at home and have been for over a year. I do not own my own place. Gosh, I don't even own a car. But I don't mind. The public transport doesn't bother me and I get to drive a car now and then anyway. Everything I own, fits into my room and a couple of boxes in the garage. I couldn't fill a house, let alone an apartment, even if I wanted to!

And that's why my life is where it is, I guess. I'm not blaming anyone for it. Blame does nobody any favours. But I'm acknowledging it. Sometimes, most times, I over think things. I take the time to assess. And then I re-assess some more. Every now and then, every few months, I seem to go through this phase. Questioning my life and all it's worth.

And I guess, that's where I'm at at the moment. A phase. I simply couldn't figure out how to say what I wanted to say, to describe my constant state of... 'being'.

Until now....

'For though my body's here, my soul is not. It is not of this time. This place. This space'.

No comments:

 

Free Hit Counters
Sony Television