Tuesday, July 10, 2007

'Hairspray' World Premiere

So, I know I'm well overdue for a movie premiere post, but here it is.

Last Thursday (July 5th) was the World Premiere for 'Hairspray'. A remake of the 1988 original, the movie sees John Travolta dressing up as a woman and unknown star Nikki Blonsky in her film debut. Here she is in London's Leicester Square signing for the fans.

Nikki was just lovely and spent time signing and posing for the fans who'd been waiting since lunchtime. I even managed to get my photo signed as well as take some pictures.

Here's Zac Ephron doing an interview with Nikki. The girls went absoloutely crazy for him. The screaming was so loud!

I missed his autograph at the premiere, but a friend managed to get it the next day. Zac's most popular role to date is that of 'Troy' in 'High School Musical'.

Elijah Kelley who came over and signed because the guy infront of me (that's his white sleeve) was chanting really loudly for him. I managed to get his autograph as well.

White sleeve guy was yelling for Amanda Bynes so she too came over and signed for the waiting fans.

She was quite lovely and came back a second time to sign again.


Here's Andy Serkis who turned up after the movie's teenage stars had walked the red... er... rainbow carpet.

You may have seen Mr Serkis in 'The Prestige' which also starred Christian Bale and my fellow aussie Hugh Jackman.

But you most likely saw him as Gollum in the 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy. He was also Kong in 'King Kong'. He was very nice and spent time signing and chatting to the fans.

The surprise of the evening was when Freddie Prinze Jr turned up with his wife Sarah Michelle Gellar. I wasn't able to get a great photo of her, because my zoom on the camera's not that good. Freddie was nice enough to sign for the fans and said 'I'll sign for as many of you as I can'.

On the way in to the cinema he turned to the fans, kissed his two index fingers and gave us the peace sign.

There was no John Travolta, Michelle Pfieffer or Christopher Walken. I guess you can't win 'em all!
(All pictures are watermarked for Citizen Image)

No comments:

 

Free Hit Counters
Sony Television