Friday, July 13, 2007

In Celebration

That's the title of the play that Orlando Bloom is performing in currently on London's West End.

I went to watch it this past Monday night. The 9th. I didn't know what it was about, my friend booked the tickets and me, ever one to jump at the chance to take in a night at the theatre said I'd go along with her. I asked her what it was about, and she couldn't really tell me. I figured, well, it can't be too bad if it's sold out for it's entire season run.

Turns out the reason it's sold out is because of this guy....




Yes, that's Orlando Bloom. Will Turner in Gore Verbinski's Pirates Trilogy. Or you may know him as Legolas in the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. His didn't have the moustache then and his hair was blonder and longer, but it's definitely the same guy.

I guess it's good news for the other actors in a play when you can get someone famous enough that they'll help boost your ticket sales because I apologise Mr Bloom, but you're probably the only reason people are off to see this play. I just didn't get it. Maybe it's because I'm not english. Infact, I think that's why. My friend that came along with me is english, born and bred in London and even she said that tourists just wouldn't get it.



I have another friend who went to see it on the Saturday night. She too is english and she only sort of understood it - the family dynamics and what not. She even went on to say that it was 'the world's most boring play'. A little harsh perhaps, but I admit that even I got bored and fidgety with it and I'm not usually like that. If I had to relay the play back to you, give you a little run down of what it was about, I really couldn't say.

The same friend went on to say that Mr Bloom's accent kept drifting in and out. He's from London I believe, but in the play he's meant to have a northern english accent and I guess the locals could tell because both of my friends said they noticed the change. In all honesty, I couldn't tell he wasn't saying his words properly. Probably because most of the time I was trying to get my head around the fact that the whole cast was speaking funny!




Even if the play didn't appeal to me, the man of the evening certainly did. He came out to greet his waiting fans and signed autographs for them. He must've signed for about 10 minutes reaching over fans to grab playbills from the back for those that couldn't manage to make their way to the front. Even though there were people infront of me, I managed to get a good spot right near his car and the above is my favourite photo of the evening.

I'm sure you recognise the watermark by now. Yes, it's for Citizen Image.

2 comments:

HughE Dillon said...

nice shots. glad to see you along the photo lines again. how are you:)

moviemerlin said...

Thanks HughE. I thought if anyone would appreciate them, it would be my photographer mentor. Yes, I look up to you. I just don't know how you do it!

I'm keeping well and I hope you are too! xox

 

Free Hit Counters
Sony Television