Thursday, February 22, 2007

Time Has Escaped Me

It has been some time since I looked at my blog. Four weeks since I left a post. I never meant for it to get that way. I wanted to at least put something on here every two weeks. But it seems lately, time has escaped me.

I have returned home to Australia for a brief moment. One month. Four Weeks. The same amount of time that has passed since I wrote on this blog, will again pass soon enough and I'll return to London.

It is nice to be back in the Southern Hemisphere, seeing friends and staring in astonishment at all the new things this city has created. There are buildings and houses and streets and shopping centres that weren't here when I left 14 months ago. Can something so concrete be created in such a small amount of time? I would never have believed it, but now that I've seen it with my own eyes, I guess that it is possible.

There are more housing estates being built to accomodate what is the country's busiest growing corner of the map. There are more cars on the street. There are more people when I go to the shops. Everyone has jumped on the band wagon to join the hustle and bustle. I wonder why people can't just slow down.

I guess, at one point or another, time escapes us all.

4 comments:

Think-itFilm-it said...

You seem to have a very legitimate excuse for not being online.
Going home is a good reason to ignore the internet.
I wanted to tell you, I might be going to Australia and New Zealand summer after this one. Or, I suppose it will be winter there. I find that so interesting. I don't know if it's for sure or not but, at the moment, I will be visiting with my physics teacher and we'll be spending two weeks traveling from city to city. I've always wanted to visit. And join the hustle and bustle.
Time truly does escape us all (funny, I say that all the time) I don't know if the world ever will slow down.

moviemerlin said...

Thanks for your understanding. I have been both bored and busy back home, but more busy than bored. And I think I'll be busy the next few days as I leave next week. I really should have found the time to update my blog... and check in on yours.

That's cool that you'll be making the trip out here. So that'll be 2008 then? You know, I don't know that I'll be here then. I'm still unsure. I'll probably see Vegas before you see Australia. Until then, I guess you can find me in London.

moviemerlin said...

HUGHE!!! Thanks for the posts on Rocky. I am surprised he didn't sign in London, maybe we are luckier there. He's just made headlines here in Australia.

Sorry for not writing you more. I hope this post sort of excuses me for not having done so.

HughE Dillon said...

I was wondering what happened to you. And now I have been so busy, still posting on my blog almost everyday, but gave up on having any others. Having a blog is a lot of work. Anyway might be going back to NYC for fun, but you know, after detoxing from NYC I realize chasing celebrities isn't all that important after all. Look forward to your return. HughE

 

Free Hit Counters
Sony Television